Thursday, August 1, 2013

Peach Sorbet


The last thing you want to do when it’s hot and sticky is to turn your oven on. A sorbet is the only thing I can think about and it is so refreshing. It is quick and so easy to make. It took me at most 10 minutes to make.
The proportions I gave are based on my taste, but you can adapt them to yours by putting more or less sugar ( is you are calorie conscious), or putting more or less lemon juice. Taste and adjust.

I usually prefer using fresh fruits, but good peaches are not in-season yet in my area. If you are using fresh fruits, make a syrup and cook them 5 minutes peeled and sliced. Cool before blending.

Ingredients
1 28 fl oz can peaches with syrup (roughly 4-5 peaches)
½ c sugar
1 lemon juice

Directions
Blend everything together into a smooth puree with a hand mixer or a food processor.

Freeze in the ice maker for 25-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment