Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce


I looked at various bundt cake recipes and then I came up with my own based on what I had in my cupboard. The result was surprisingly good in my daughter's own words: the right amount of chocolate and super moist. She wanted the recipe to make one for the office xmas potluck. I simply served it with a homemade raspberry sauce. I had frozen juice made from my garden's berries, so I just heated it and stirred in 2 teaspoons cornstarch, et voila!




Ingredients
10 squares unsweetened chocolate (10 oz)
¾ cup butter (1.5 stick)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs (yolk and white separated)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup rum


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Butter and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
  3. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
  4. Place the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with a little of water (to make a double boiler). Heat the sauce pan over low heat to melt the chocolate, stirring from time to time. Let it cool.
  5. While beating, add the mayonnaise, sugar, vanilla, egg yolks and rum.
  6. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with the milk.
  7. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks then gently fold them into the batter mixture.
  8. Pour into the pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes at 375 F then lower the heat to 350 F (165 degrees C) and bake for a total of 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
  9. Let cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.


Serve with raspberry sauce or chocolate sauce. You can also just dust with sugar and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment